It’s been some time since I’ve written here but I’ve been working away on GFT. The latest thing I’m wrapping my head around is creating associations using Sequelize.
- Mildly helpful Sequelize documentation
- StackOverflow Example of the same question I have
- Another StackOverflow example of what I need
- Google search where I left off
- Old GH issue asking for what I want to do
- Walk-through tutorial (see below)
- Demo project which uses associations
I created a sandbox repo to play around with all of this research, basically following the walk-through tutorial listed above. It was really helpful to go through this—in addition to learning how to set up the associations, I also came to understand how and why a lot of other examples I’ve seen (including the Sequelize docs) use export modules and the database. It’s a lot cleaner with less repetitive code/imports, so I plan to refactor my app as well.
But before that, I made this demo repo and tried out the different kinds of associations. And I still go stuck in the same place!!
Progress on GFT is stuck until I can figure out these associations, so will keep working on that.
[UPDATE SEVERAL HOURS LATER]: I did it!! I got it to work in my demo app, very exciting. I’m pretty sure the same implementation failed in the actual app, but it’s worth another shot.